Someone of you maybe aware that a few things have changed in the instagram algorithm July update. Here is a brief breakdown of whats happened so far:
- Stopping automation and spammers
- Like count removed (certain countries)
- Stories are more focused for engagement
- Changes to the way you engage
A lot of people already feel a bit shaken by this update. It’s a tricky one to deal with, but here is what i’ve learned so far:
1. Keep Posting Consistently
I admit myself its tricky to maintain a consistent feed, and its easy to feel pressured!
I recommend you post 3-4 times a week to achieve a successful flow of content. Some people say post once a day, but I personally think this is too much for users.
Even though you should post as frequently as you can, make sure you always stay focused on the quality of your content!
TIP: Instagram increases your reach if you produce quality content. So make it shareable for your followers.
Click the link learn how you can improve your photography instantly!
1. Focus More On Instagram Stories
Instagram stories have been changing and shifting constantly over the past year. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea!
However, since the July update it’s 100% worth using it a lot more now. After experimenting I’ve 2x my account exposure just on stories over the past month.
I estimate that you should be posting on your stories at least 4x times a day to give yourself effective reach. From this example you can see that using stories alone in the past 7 days I have reached 16,000 people.
How Do I Increase My Story Reach?
To increase your instagram stories reach effectively you need to utilise all the tools available to you. Just remember Instagram give you this opportunities for you to grow your account so don’t ignore them, here are a few:
- Hashtags – That’s right, you can use hashtags also on stories to give you reach. (Only pick 1 or 2)
- Locations – You can tag a location thats relevant to your new post or what you’re currently doing.
- Polls – Try using polls more to increase engagement, get people involved with your stories!
3. Show Real Interest In Others Posts
Instagram’s algorithm is getting smarter as time goes on, which is why spammers are getting caught out! It knows more about your activity than you may think.
The most common mistake is commenting or replying to posts with bad phrases such as; ‘great pic’, ‘nice shot’, ‘beautiful’.
You need to start giving real feedback and opinions on peoples posts. Instagram will praise you for strong engagement and it gives you more exposure online!
4. Use Direct Messages (DM’s)
I bet you didn’t know that messaging people directly actually increases your chance of exposure. Instagram now recognises who you DM and will use that as a factor of engagement.
How does DM engagement work?
The people you follow and talk to the most will end up appearing in your news feed more frequently, its that simple!
Instagram does this so you get to see the content you want see. You can then engage with this more frequently and you’ll be happier with what appears in your newsfeed.
TIP: Did you know the same also applies to stories, you may have noticed that the accounts you like and comment on are the first stories you see!
Here Is A Short Overview
- Post consistently with high quality content
- Use stories on a daily basis
- Start replying with genuine comments
- Talk more, start chatting to people through DM’s
If you want to know more feel free to contact me on instagram – Follow me!
VIEW MY OLIVERS INSTAGRAM